The things we get asked the most. Always worth a look. But, if you have a question, check out the AI search tool -
Ctrl/CMD + K to search, then select the Lens option – think ChatGPT, just for Diffblue Cover.
Diffblue Cover is a generative AI platform that automatically writes comprehensive and human-like Java unit tests. Cover is provided as an IDE plugin (Cover Plugin) and a CLI application (Cover CLI) for developer use and can also be integrated into your CI Pipeline (Cover Pipeline). We've also added three reporting and optimization tools for further monitoring and management control (Cover Reports, Cover Optimize, and Cover Refactor).
Diffblue Cover helps your team increase automation of your CI pipeline.
For development teams, this:
- Improves velocity and quality of the software you deliver.
- Frees up time to focus on creating new features.
For DevOps teams, this:
- Helps catch errors and issues earlier (shift left!).
- Improves deployment frequency, lead time, and mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Java 8, 11, or 17 compatible source code.
- Maven 3.2.5+ or Gradle 4.9+ build tools.
- The project (for use with Diffblue Cover) must compile and run with no failing unit tests. JUnit and TestNG testing frameworks are supported.
Diffblue Cover requires that the system environment (hardware, operating system, network connectivity, Java installation) as well as the project environment (build tooling, dependencies, presence of artifacts, existing unit tests) meet the minimum requirements as detailed in Specs & Reqs. Diffblue Cover will perform an environment check before analysis begins to ensure that the requirements are met - if there are any issues, these will be reported using Output Codes.
Developers write individual unit tests to test specific functionality. Diffblue regression suites are generated automatically to help find regressions early in the development cycle. Find out more in our Unit Regression Tests eBook.