Diffblue releases product updates about every two weeks to continuously provide you with product enhancements and new features. Note that:
- When you update, you'll always be updated to the latest version.
- If you're using Cover Plugin and Cover CLI, we recommend that you update both products to the latest version.
Updating Cover Plugin may take a few minutes to complete and will require an IDE restart - you won't be able to create any tests for your projects while the update is progressing.
- 1.In IntelliJ, go to
File > Settings > Plugins(Windows/Linux) or
IntelliJ IDEA > Preferences > Plugins(macOS), highlight the Diffblue Plugin and click
Updatein the details panel.
- 2.When you're ready, click
Restart IDEto complete the update. Enjoy your shiny, new plugin.
Updating Cover CLI may take a few minutes to complete and you won't be able to create any tests for your projects while the update is progressing.
- 1.Using the link provided by Diffblue, download the new Diffblue Cover CLI file - either the
.ziparchive, as needed.
- 2.If you use the installer, run the
.exeinstaller and follow the on-screen prompts.
- 3.If you use the archive file, extract the
.zipfile to your existing Cover CLI folder.
- 4.When your done, restart your PC.
- 1.Using the link provided by Diffblue, download the Diffblue Cover CLI
- 2.Unzip the Cover CLI zip file to an appropriate installation location (for example,
~/bin) and update this location in the
PATHenvironment variable using the following example commands:\mkdir ~/bincd ~/binunzip ~/diffblue-cover*.zipcdexport PATH=$PATH:~/binReminder: Make sure that the
PATHenvironment variable is set permanently according to your operating system instructions.
Updating Cover Reports may take some time to complete. During this time you won't be able to upload new reports bundles and the Reports URL won't be accessible.
On your Cover Reports server:
- 1.Stop Cover Reports by running:
docker compose down
- 2.In your shell, navigate to the
$COVER_REPORTS_HOMEdirectory where the existing installation is located and make a copy (backup) of the directory.
- 3.Rename the
docker-compose.ymlfile in the
$COVER_REPORTS_HOMEdirectory - e.g.
- 4.Using the link provided by Diffblue, download Cover Reports: - For Cover Reports Docker Compose, download the
docker-compose.ymlfile to the
$COVER_REPORTS_HOMEdirectory. - For Cover Reports
.tar.gz, download the latest Cover Reports bundle (e.g.
diffblue-cover-reports-2023.08.01.tar.gz) and load the Docker bundle:
docker load -i /path/diffblue-cover-reports-<version>.tar.gz
- 5.Start the new version of Cover Reports using the command:
docker compose up -d